Monte and I got a babysitter for the girls and headed to the temple on Friday night. I was a mess before I even went into the session knowing that I was pondering little Lincoln and the trials ahead of us. I loved sitting there and listening and feeling Lincoln move around. I was reminded of some things...
First, before we come to earth we chose to follow Heavenly Father instead of Satan. There was a huge war in Heaven and angels personally lead Satan out of heaven.
Second, we chose the family that we wanted to come to earth with.
Third, we knew that life would be hard and we knew the trials that we would be faced with before coming to earth but we knew that we needed a body to be able to return to our Heavenly Father again and we were willing to come at this time and face our current challenges.
Fourth, Satan works hard on some many people because he doesn't want us to be able to return to live with our Heavenly Father again.
So my conclusion out of our temple session. Lincoln has a very strong spirit, which was felt in the temple by both Monte and I. Who knows if he is one of the Angels that escorted Satan out of heaven or who fought on the battle lines for God, he is someone special that God does not want Satan to be able to tempt or hurt. Lincoln knows that because of his strong spirit and his love for God that he will be faced with many abnormalities here upon the earth. Lincoln is fine with it and wants to gain a body so he can someday return to live with our Father in Heaven.
Lincoln has chosen Monte as his earthly father because of his faithfulness and willingness to serve the Lord. Monte has much faith and could move a mountain if needed. This faith will be needed to administer the priesthood to our family and bless Lincoln.
Lincoln has chosen me to be his earthly mother because of the love that a mother feels for her children. I will nurture, love, fight and pray for him until my knees are weak and I can no longer stand.
Lincoln has chosen Jayda to be his elder sister because of her unique ability to always comfort those around her. Lincoln knows that his mommy will need lots of special love from his big sister. Jayda loves Lincoln so much and will always help him.
Lincoln has chosen Maggie to be his big sister because of her unconditional love. She is always there to hug and kiss my belly and make Lincoln feel like a million bucks. She will sing him songs and talk to him. I think he has a special bond with her because he always starts to kick when she is around or talking to him.
We chose Lincoln because he is one of God's Angels. He has already taught me that the little things in life don't matter. He has taught me to love more than I thought my heart was capable of. He has taught me patience. He has reminded me that families are Eternal and that one day we will all be together in Heaven.
The eternal plan is so wonderful and special. Thank you for (making me cry) and reminding me of that! You have such a strong testimony and strong faith that will help you and your family through this tough time! Love You!
ReplyDelete