"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee." Jeremiah 1:5

Monday, August 1, 2011

Lincoln's Funeral

I was so worried about Lincoln's funeral and how everything would go.  I am so grateful to everyone who helped make this day so special for us.  It was truly amazing and I know that Lincoln was there watching the whole thing! 


We got to dig Lincoln's grave. It was a fun experience for all of us to do!  

 I love this picture of Jay in the hole!

Working together as a family!


Lincoln in his bed!  The girls each picked a little toy to put in his casket. Jayda choose a monkey and Maggie picked a turtle. Both fits there personalities so well!  My mom gave us this blanket that Lincoln was buried in. It was so soft and I know he is enjoying it.


Priceless!  Daddy carrying his son

 Jayda and Daddy




After the funeral we had a luncheon at the church, thanks to the Bloomington Relief Society for putting the luncheon together.  I have a bunch more pictures and some other fun things to post but Monte will be home soon and I have to put my house back together! 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing his special day with us. I really wanted to be there. I was with you all day in my thoughts though. He looks so beautiful all wrapped up in his bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of his outfit & blanket! So cute, so tiny, love the little vest! :) Thanks for letting us be a part of all of it. We were glad we were able to be there to help dig, the kids enjoyed it and love their "Lincoln rock". :) Things like that made it so memorable for them at such a young age. They always talk about him as their "Angel cousin, Lincoln". Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, this post is beautiful. It's hard to see the beauty in situations like this, but it's actually everywhere. We are so lucky to have families forever. He looked perfect and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan!! XOXOXOOXOXOOX ahhh I love the pictures! I wish we were able to stay longer and be there with you guys in bear lake. The pictures are priceless. we love you and will cherish our memories of lincoln. thinking about you guys always!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete