"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee." Jeremiah 1:5

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Balloons for Lincoln!

After the funeral we wanted to do something that everyone would really remember, especially the little kids. But we also wanted something for the girls to do every year for Lincoln....I got this idea while I was pregnant with Linc. The girls got some balloons from the store and one of them let the balloon go, they were both crying because the balloon was gone so to comfort them I told them it was okay that Lincoln would catch the balloon for them.  So after that any time they would lose a balloon in the sky they would say 'it's okay mommy Lincoln has it!'

We had everyone in the family write a message to Lincoln on a balloon and then we let them all go at the same time. It was liberating to not only write down things that I wanted Linc to know but also to know that he would get them all!  We got a book and had everyone write down what they wrote on Linc's balloon.  Every year on his birthday we will go and write Linc a new message and send it up to heaven for him and then write it in his book. This way we will always remember!

Thanks everyone who participated and was there. It was so fun watching the balloons disappear into the sky!






The girls decorating their balloon!



3 comments:

  1. I love that! What a sweet day you all will have to celebrate each year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thats awesome, My cousin lost a baby at two months old and thats what her and her family do every year on his birthday along with having cake with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet idea. You are such a great example to me.

    ReplyDelete