Yesterday I had another dr's appointment with Dr. Cox. I now hate going and sitting for long periods of time in his office, it brought back a flood of memories of waiting to hear about Lincoln and then leaving his office crying. I am sure I will have to get over this very fast because if any of you have ever gone to see Dr. Cox know that it takes FOREVER! That is what you get when you want a great doctor!
So on to my check up. I got to listen to Lincoln's heart beat which was at 144! I am always excited when I get to hear that little heart beat. The doctor measured me and I was measuring at 30 weeks! I am currently only 24 weeks along and Lincoln is measuring at 21 weeks...so WHY SO BIG? Right now we are blaming it on extra amniotic fluid. It is one of those great symptoms of Trisomy 18 to have excess amniotic fluid. So we will have to just watch and see where I am at in 4 weeks and keep an eye on things.
On a positive note I made an appointment to do a 3D ultrasound in July and I also get to do my glucose test them..yeah for that! I am excited for the 3D ultrasound and to actually see Lincoln's little face (if he cooperates!). We are trying to gather as many memories and pictures as possible so here is a question for you all.
Do you have any ideas on things we can do to create more memories of Lincoln? Here is what we have so far:
-We want to do a hand and foot cast when he is born!
-Get professional pregnancy picture (which I have never done because I don't like my prego body!)
-3D Ultrasound
- We will have a photographer come and take pictures after Lincoln is born from NILMDTS.
-plus we have an ultrasound every 6 weeks so we can get pictures from that and also have it recorded.
I think those are great ideas! Pictures are really priceless.
ReplyDeleteI hope you the best Megan & Monte! Love you guys!
I think this blog is a great way for memories too. You should do family pictures while you are pregnant too.
ReplyDeleteWhen i was pregnant with rachael i made sure to write down my feelings and thoughts and her character with each ultra sound. Eventually making it into a scrap book but yeah we ended up with a lot of ultrasounds.... It says stuff like 'you were so hyper and excited to see us today! The tech couldnt believe you could wiggle so much with the limited room you have'... Sure youve already been doing something along these lines... But if not it really breaks down the memories to specific times. Love yall! Cant wait to see the prego pics! I think youll be suprised how cute and gorgeous you look and not hate prego pics!
ReplyDelete